Aprende Inglés a través de estas expresiones idiomaticas relacionadas con Hallowe’en.
Abajo he puesto unas expresiones y luego su uso en contexto. ¿ Puedes entender el significado de cada una?
- «to have a skeleton in the cupboard»– Mrs Mills has a skeleton in the cupboard: she was caught stealing from her employer in 2002
- «Skeleton staff»: My doctor’s surgery only has a skeleton staff at weekends
- » ghost town». All the younger generations have left our village, and it’s like a ghost town now
- «in cold blood». They killed their former friend in cold blood
- «to make blood boil»– it makes my blood boil to think that he was promoted manager before I was
- «to stab somebody in the back»– We let him stay in our home, but he stabbed us in the back by telling lies about us to all his friends
- «a night owl»– I’m a night owl: I do my best work in the evenings
- «to be scared stiff»– I was scared stiff when I saw the ghostly face at my window